Greetings and Happy New Year! We enjoyed a snowy white Christmas in Santa Fe and welcomed the New Year with good skiing and sunny skies. It is encouraging to step into 2012 with more positive national economic news than we have had the past few years, particularly the increases in the number of pending homes over the past few months as well as residential price stabilization across many markets.
We have also been pleased with the resiliency of Santa Fe’s real estate market as seen in the following bits of data:
- The number of residential sales essentially equaled that of 201
- The average sales price rose slightly (the median price was down slightly
- The number of currently listed properties has dropped
- The number of high end sales $1,000,000 + improved over the numbers sold in 2009 and 2010
- The number of homes sold in Las Campanas essentially doubled from 27 homes in 2010 to 50 in 2011
- The number of homes sold in the Historic Eastside is rose back to 2008 levels
- The absorption rates in all price ranges, while still elevated, have continued to nudge downward, indicating that the time to absorb current inventory has improved.